Urban Roots relies on contributions from the community to continue providing empowering work and service opportunities for youth and the Austin community on our urban sustainable farm, as well as to continue donating 40% of our harvest to local hunger relief agencies and those in need. All donations to Urban Roots are tax-deductible. Your support of our mission is helpful in countless ways. Thank you.
Urban Roots also welcomes direct donations by mail. Please mail your check to:Urban Roots 2921 E. 17th St. Bldg. D, Suite 4 Austin, TX 78702
Urban Roots Wishlist
Please consider donating something on our wishlist to support the farm and youth program. To donate, please email Paige.
Gift Certificates at:
- Johnny’s Seeds (help us purchase seeds and farm tools)
- HEB, Wheatsville, Whole Foods or another grocery store (help us purchase food for special events for the youth, like the over-night on the farm)
- Office Max (help us purchase office supplies)
Farm Equipment & Tools:
- Belt-Drive Walk-Behind Mower: 2011 Scag Power Equipment 48″ SFW- Belt-Drive Walk-Behind Mower, $2699.99
- Weed Trimmer: 2012 Stihl FS 110 Weed Trimmer
- 10 Hand Pruners: Economic Bypass Pruner, $9.99 ea.
- 20 Harvest Knives: Victorinox Serrated Harvest Knife, product #9634, $6.25 ea.
- *2 Rolls of Row Cover: 10′ x 1000′ roll, $181.08/roll; purchase from J&M Industries
- 10 Shovels: Husky 48″ wooden handle shovels, $21.97 ea.
- 2 Hose Sprayers: Gilmour Hose Sprayer, $5.89 ea.
- 3 Rolls of Drip Tape: 10 mil, high flow, 12 inch, $165/roll; purchase at 1-800-SAY-RAIN
- *100 Couplers: tape couplers, $0.65 ea.; purchase at 1-800-SAY-RAIN
- *50 Header Parts: Y tape fitting with 1/2″ male other end, $1.60 ea.; purchase at 1-800-SAY-RAIN
- Windows-based lap-top computer, used is OK
- 15-passenger van for transporting youth
*Please contact us before purchasing these items, in order to confirm the specification
More ways to GIVE:
GenerousArt started with conversations with friends about creativity and business, about how valuable community is to our lives, how to give back for all we are grateful for, about the lack of transparency in the art business, and about how artists get supported and their work valued. This incredible organization promotes artists and local non-profits by donating 40% of any art sold to Austin-area non-profits. Simply select Urban Roots from the list of non-profits when you buy any art piece from GenerousArt, and we will receive 40% of your purchase.
Shop to Change the World (STCTW) is a collaborative boutique (based in St. Louis, MO) featuring products created by independent artists and designers from around the United States. Though each and every Shop to Change the World artist comes with their own creative vision and unique goods, they all share the desire to take part in building better communities through charitable acts. That’s why 5% of every purchase made at STCTW is donated to a participating non-profit organization of the shopper’s choice. Urban Roots is a participating non-profit. To select Urban Roots to receive the benefits of your purchases, click HERE.