Urban Roots relies on contributions from the community to continue providing empowering work and service opportunities for youth and the Austin community on our urban sustainable farm, as well as to continue donating 40% of our harvest to local hunger relief agencies and those in need. Your support makes this work possible. Thank you!
Urban Roots is a 501c3 non-profit organization, and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Urban Roots also welcomes direct donations by mail. Please mail your check to:Urban Roots
4900 Gonzales St. Austin, TX 78702
Urban Roots Wishlist
Please consider donating something on our wishlist to support the farm and youth program. To donate, please email Emily.
- Johnny’s Seeds (help us purchase seeds and farm tools)
- Home Depot (help us purchase farm materials)
- HEB, Wheatsville, Whole Foods or another grocery store (help us purchase food for special events for the youth, like the overnight on the farm)
- BWI (help us purchase soil amendments) or Whittlesey Landscape Supplies, The Natural Gardener, and Geo Growers (help us purchase compost)
Farm Equipment & Tools:
- Belt-Drive Walk-Behind Mower: 2011 Scag Power Equipment 48″ SFW- Belt-Drive Walk-Behind Mower, $2699.99
- 10 Hand Pruners: Classic Cut Forged Bypass Pruner, $21.98 ea.
- 3 Rolls of Drip Tape: 10 mil, high flow, 12 inch, $165/roll; purchase at 1-800-SAY-RAIN
- Shade Cloth: DeWitt UV PE Knitted Shade Cloth – 90% Black, $.26 per square foot
- Cow Manure Finished Compost from Whittlesey Landscape Supplies, The Natural Gardener, or Geo Growers
- Windows-based lap-top computer, used is OK
- 15-passenger van for transporting youth
*Please contact us before purchasing these items, in order to confirm the specification
More ways to GIVE:
GenerousArt started with conversations with friends about creativity and business, about how valuable community is to our lives, how to give back for all we are grateful for, about the lack of transparency in the art business, and about how artists get supported and their work valued. This incredible organization promotes artists and local non-profits by donating 40% of any art sold to Austin-area non-profits. Simply select Urban Roots from the list of non-profits when you buy any art piece from GenerousArt, and we will receive 40% of your purchase.
Shop to Change the World (STCTW) is a collaborative boutique (based in St. Louis, MO) featuring products created by independent artists and designers from around the United States. Though each and every Shop to Change the World artist comes with their own creative vision and unique goods, they all share the desire to take part in building better communities through charitable acts. That’s why 5% of every purchase made at STCTW is donated to a participating non-profit organization of the shopper’s choice. Urban Roots is a participating non-profit. To select Urban Roots to receive the benefits of your purchases, click HERE.