Educational Farm Tours
Urban Roots offers age-appropriate educational farm tours for groups of students from elementary school through college. Led by Urban Roots Farm Interns with staff support, these farm tours include fun, interactive educational activities that teach about:
- Sustainable farming
- Making healthy food choices
- Where our food comes from
- A farm tour in which students taste veggies right off the plants!
Possible other activities might include:
- Nature exploration
- Insect activity
- Ability / age-appropriate hands-on farm work
- Hunger issues
Interested groups must:
- Provide transportation to and from the farm for their group
- Bring adequate amount of adult supervision who will be responsible for actively participating with their students and for the discipline of the students in their group.
We can accommodate as few as 10 students and as many as 30. Groups of 15-20 students work best.
Thanks to a generous sponsorship from Chipotle, Urban Roots Field trips for 2013 are free of charge!
Contact Leigh Gaymon-Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 750.8668 to ask questions, find out more information, and schedule your group’s Educational Farm Tour at Urban Roots!